To nap or not to nap that is the question

Oh dear saints per service this learning never ends now does it. Once you get comfortable with one schedule your child up and changes and you must start all over again. And let's not even get started on figuring out the differences from one child to another!

Korlen, now 3, is going to be the death of me. Honestly the day he turned 3 my life changed! He instantly turned into a very defiant child! What is with this sudden challenge in/with authority! One day he was the most obedient child that I actually barged about the next he woke up, was officially 3, and is a different person lol!

With that said let turn to the issue at hand! NAPS! I mean really does it have to be so complicated. Here are my options. No naps means I don't get to nap either and I have to spend the entire day with him ( I'm sure that makes me sound like a terrible person but honestly every waking moment with one person let a lone a toddler that only wants to push my buttons is a little more then I can swallow at tis current point in my life) also if he doesn't have a nap he starts whining/ crying around 5:30 pm and doesn't stop till he's asleep! After spending the whole day with him fallowing me around anyways him now crying non stop for every little thing especially the fact that I'm not holding him puts me over the top. Only upside. He goes to bed early and when I put him down he stays there. Let now examine the other end of the spectrum and my only other option.
Nap time: he's really good when I put him down to stay in his bed and goes I sleep for maybe an hr. oh and sweet serenity! That he is just what I need to get through my day! Both he and Tahlae sleep at the same time so awesome for me I get a little me time! SO WORTH IT! Till night fall! We put him to bed around 8:30 usually closer to 9 and an hr and a half later at 10 when we're going to bed we have already put him back in his bed 4 times, taken him potty once, gotten him a drink, sang him 3 songs, and are about to loose our minds! And he's still not asleep! Granted this doesn't happen every single day! But man alive I'm about to loose it!
Is it honestly too much to ask for an hr during the day to just be me and just "do me" and an hr at night to have a little adult time with my husband! I'm not even asking in a sexual way but a way in which I can start and finish a conversation with him in which I don't have to be stopped 4 times to attend to kids! Sheesh!
So this is my temporary solution test sequence. I shall nap this little stinker every other day and hopefully this shall solve my present dilemma! I will keep you posted! Pray for me and pray for kor but mostly pray for me!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pink is my favorite color

Define siblings

Baby # 3